Pamela story!

“Now, I know how to use Web 2.0 tools to allow my organizations to appear on the Web!” (ICfD Spring 2014) On 17 March 2014, the Spring session of the online course “Innovative Collaboration for Development” (ICfD) organized by UNITAR in collaboration with the FAO began. I loved participating in this course on social media, and if I could, I would still do it over again. It was very useful to me. Before starting the ICfD course, I considered tasks such as creating a blog, managing RSS feeds and others as unachievable tasks for me and believed that to be reserved for highly technical people. Thanks to the ICfD, the majority of these Web 2.0 tools are now part of my daily life and I feel very comfortable putting them into practice. Thanks to this course, I now have my own blog where I share information related to agriculture and development. There, I share the results of the research conducted in my organization as well as from other research institutes. I feed my Twitter and Facebook accounts as well. I think that all these Web 2.0 tools are still unknown to the vast majority of people in my country Benin, which are not used enough in benefit of the agricultural sector, for example, to improve farmers’ access to new technologies through podcasts. I will use all the knowledge that I have acquired in the course very efficiently so as to develop the agricultural sector in my country. Through the use of these tools, we can better manage our agriculture and sustainable development. Therefore, I will use each of the tools that I discovered during the ICfD course. I am now convinced that the ICfD course is a ‘”must have” for any development professional. I infinitely thank UNITAR for this precious learning opportunity. Similar training should be organized regularly so as to continue discovering the potential of social media tools in benefit of a better and more developed world. I hope to attend yet another training because I am sure that there are many useful tools that remain to be discovered. Thank you UNITAR! Thank you FAO!

Commentaires

Posts les plus consultés de ce blog

Le taxi moto: une réalité à Kinshasa RDC pour lutter contre la pauvreté et le chômage des jeunes

Une infinité d’outils et de services!

Comment vous positionnez-vous sur LinkedIn ?