Ten-weeks specialized training programme on Dairy Nutrition
- Learn about dairy nutrition and its relation with animal productive and reproductive performance as well as milk composition and quality.
- Contribute to a more sustainable rural and overall economic development
- Share knowledge with an international group of participants and work together on innovative solutions for real local case studies delivered by the participants
· ruminant nutritionists (researchers, local consultants) and veterinarians
· advisors and nutritionists of local compound feed or premix industries (medium and large scale)
· dairy farm advisors (extension services) and heads of farm cooperatives
· Strong emphasis on local feed resources in tropical regions
· Combination of lectures, case studies, peer-to-peer teaching, study visits and ‘hands-on’ experience
· Five major modules and two integration modules
· Lectures by UGent residential professors and several international authorities and guest speakers
· If admitted, we will assist you with all practical issues (visa application, air ticket, housing,…) in order to make your stay in Ghent unforgettable.
Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from the best!
· The Laboratory for Animal Production and Animal Product Quality has extensive experience in high-level research on ruminant nutrition, monogastric nutrition and carcass and meat quality.
· Our faculty is a leading faculty in Europe in life sciences, biological, physical and chemical sciences. We are ranked in the top 50 of the World University Rankings, and welcome 2.800 students each year. Of these 400 are international master students and 300 are international doctoral students.
· Ghent is a dazzlingly authentic, multicultural and open-minded city with 300.000 inhabitants of more than 150 nationalities, of which 20% are students.
Want to join?
· Find all details here and apply
· Deadline March 15th if you wish to apply for a scholarship, May or June for other applicants
International Training Centre
Faculty of Bioscience Engineering